Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Outside reading #5

Reading on I came across a quote that reminded me of my childhood. When I was a little kid, whenever raindrops would form on the windows, I would take my finger and draw through them, gathering them into one stream of water. I would do this until all of the water was wiped dry. "She traced a finger through the beaded puddles on the table, drawing long trails of water, blending them." (209) This quote is where Kirk and Callie are talking about making Kirk a stronger person. Callie wanted him to control water so she poured a glass of water into his palm and it all spilled onto the table. She then knew she had a bigger task ahead of her. As she sat and listened to Kirk talk she began to draw through the beads of water. This reminds me of my childhood greatly because I would do the same thing if I saw water beaded up.

No comments: