Wednesday, May 6, 2009

outside reading blog 2

Once reading on, Kirk gets a bit older. Being sixteen, he should be able to drive on his own. His mother is not ok with that age so she makes him wait until he is seventeen to get his driver's liscence. This is a problem because lots of his friends can drive and he feels stupid not being able to do the same. Kirk is stuck up in the highschool life and thinks he is too cool for a bike. "I walked pretty much everywhere I needed to go. I was to old to ride a bike"(pg 49). This quote happens as he is walking in the cold, light rain as he walks along Bergen Road into town. This bike can compare to my life multiple ways. First of all, I am in the same situation as him, many of my friends are able to drive and i must rely on them for rides. This is highschool and I will not show up to a party or anywhere for that matter, riding a bike. I would much rather walk or get a ride from a buddy. Another way this relates to me is that he isn't afraid to walk and get wet in the rain. Last summer, me and my buddies have been walking accross parts of edina while the rain was dumping down on us. We didn't care beause we are having a good time, and going somewhere to have a better time, hopefully.

No comments: