Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Outside reading post 3

After reading on into my book, i found another quote that relates to my life in a way. When i was young my family was most of the time always home. Every once in a while we will go on a trip to Texas to see my grandparents. When we used to live in Texas also, I remember taking trips to the cold land of Minnesota. All of these trips contained my whole family, but there was one trip i remember most and i did not partake in it. "It was the silence of absence. Yes, she had gone away before, but she never went as far as california" (pg 103). This is what i was feeling like after both my parents had left to go to Australia. The only person stayin with me was my grandma. Eveyone knows how quiet some grandparents can be, this is what it was like. No parents for a whole week and just a grandma to talk to. This was a bad feeling and im sure Kirk was feeling the same thing i was when his mom left fo california. This quote related to my life in one way that sparked my memory, i hope this brewed something up in your head for you to think about also.

No comments: